DGV Nav

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Cropped and Casual for Kids


For today's post, I thought it would be fun to piggyback off of Rebecca's Cropped and Casual piece from the other day to show how we can translate great contemporary adult looks into fashion for kids.  My daughter is 10 years old, and she loves fashion.  She likes fashion for grown ups, and she has almost always picked out her own clothes.  I allow this because she has always had a strong sense of style (not necessarily style that I always agree with!), and I enjoy encouraging her individuality.  The sad thing about a lot of kids' clothing today is that the adult twist they give is often (in my opinion) inappropriate for kids.  I don't think little girls need to be wearing revealing clothing or skimpy cuts, which I find too much of while shopping for my little AlliCat.  I think there is a way to let kids dress fashionably without dressing them like they are getting ready to go clubbing.
In these photos, Alli is taking on the cropped and casual trend that is so fantastic for an instant, pulled together look.  We paired her navy jacket with a cute floral tank and skinny jeans.  The look doesn't scream adult, but it doesn't scream kid either.  I think she still looks like a kid, just a well dressed kid!

photos by Johanna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...