DGV Nav

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Meet the Hilfigers.

image via

I don't think I own any Tommy Hilfiger clothes.  I remember back in high school it seemed like Tommy stuff was the only thing one of my cousins wore.  Personally I am not that into fashion that announces its brand all over me; I think I would feel like a walking billboard.  Unless it was Chanel.  I would be a walking Chanel billboard anytime.  But I digress.  I really like the latest Tommy Hilfiger ads.  The ones that portray a -let's say- diverse family.  For the longest time I thought that the matriarch of the family was Candice Bergen, aka Murphy Brown, but it is actually model Lea Sorensen, who looks gorgeous and perfect for the role of the head of the preppy progeny.  Anyway, I love the prep look that is happening in these ads with the quirky Hilfiger clan.  I love that each of the Hilfiger characters have a name and some of them even have their own facebook and twitter pages.  They remind me of the Tenenbaums, which in turn remind me of my brother and sister-in-law because they dressed up as them for Halloween once and their costumes were pretty spot on.  Anyway.  I really like the look and feel of the ads; the colors are all my favorites for clothes, and they don't have giant "T's" emblazoned all over them.  So I've liked the ads so far, and then recently I saw the Christmas commercial.  Okay.  They might be a little eccentric, but can I please be part of that family?!  I want to go that Christmas party.  I can pull off plaid.  I love the idea of such a weird group of people coming together and celebrating and having a great time.  And it doesn't hurt that every one of them is absolutely gorgeous.  People are always saying you should surround yourself with beauty, and no one ever specified that it had to be art.  These are some beautiful people, and I wouldn't mind being surrounded by them, especially Noah Mills.
Hello there, handsome.
So here is the commercial, in case you haven't seen it.  I don't really want my family dancing around in their underwear (this has always cracked me up about the ads, that some of the "family members" are running around in their underwear, modesty be damned!), but I do love the crazy atmosphere.  And the house.  And the opening shot of the house, with that beautiful wreath hanging on the door.  And then, when the door opens and we are invited inside, well, all I can say is YUM.  Enjoy.
Here is a behind-the-scenes-look at the making of Feast Interruptus.  I love when the kid gets out of the suitcase and when the dad is left looking on as the car is driving away.


~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...