DGV Nav

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sneak Peek: Planning Gwenna's 4th Birthday Party


Last year I gave my little Gwenna a vintage "Strawberry Shortcake" birthday party; you can view that post here.
 I just wanted to give you a little peek at what I am working on for her 4th birthday party in June.  It is to be "Alice in Wonderland" themed this year.
 My mom and I made this birthday banner.  It is made from felt, with vintage "Strawberry Shortcake" fabric on top, then chip board letters covered in scrap book paper.  Easy, but supper cute.  I intend to make this for her "Alice in wonderland" party too.
I am having a special dress made for Gwenna now (but I don't want to spoil the surprise by posting it), I will say that, it and, the above fabric are the main inspirations for everything else.  It will be a sweet combination of the Disney cartoon and the original Tenniel images.  I have noticed from other "Alice in Wonderland" parties that it is typical to use colors that are crazy and bright. I prefer more muted shades.  Also, there are just so many characters in "Alice" that the options are endless.  I really like the white rabbit, and since Easter is just around the corner, I am hoping to score lots of rabbit decor.  I am going to try to stick to blue, yellow, pink and white so that the overall affect is striking...you will just have to stay tuned to see if I am successful.
The Invitations have gone out!


I took this picture of Gwenna for the invitation...you'll see!

I am so grateful that I have my mom and Lori's help planning this party.  I really enjoy planning parties for my kids because they grow up too fast and I want to look back at these beautiful celebrations.  Nothing extravagant, just lots of thoughtful little details...and maybe even a recitation of "The Jabberwocky" by the birthday girl.  But I shouldn't get my hopes up there! 

2 comments:

  1. wow love to see the ideas, great inspiration for my party thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to share how it is all coming together! I am so glad you got some ideas:)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...