DGV Nav

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been.  ~Robert Brault



My beautiful mom Susan is my best friend.  We talk on the phone just about everyday even though I live only 5 minutes away.  She is supportive, even when I am pretty sure she knows I often take on far too much, and then she is there to listen to me complain because I am stressed.  My mom is wise and sweet.  She is humble and gracious.  She has always been a hard worker but she is tireless when it comes to helping me with a project in my house, or planning a party.  The time we share doing these things together is precious to me.  She is precious to me.  

My mom was married young like me.  This picture, I think, was taken during those first years.

Expecting me!

I love her Mary Tyler Moore hair here.
I couldn't find an early picture with my mom and all three of us kids.  Here I am with my mom and older brother. I remember the dress I am wearing in this picture because my mom made it for me and I LOVED it.


photo by Kim Trzyna
Now I am a mom with a son and daughter of my own. My hope is that my relationship with them is as wonderful as mine is with my mom.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  I love you

image via



This is my mom, Maggie, when she was 17 years old.  These first two pictures are (obviously) from her senior year in high school.  On the back of the first one, she'd written, "To Daddy, from your best daughter."  And she wonders why I find it funny to send my brother a pic of me wearing a hat that says "Mom Likes Me Best," and to tell him that our mom bought it for me.


At the time this picture was taken, my mom already knew exactly what her next step in life would be-- she was headed to school to become a nurse.  She knew she wanted to be a nurse from the time she was just a little girl.  It isn't surprising to those that know her that she would choose this profession, because even now, years later, she is still taking care of people.  It's what she does.  It's why she consistently gets calls from family members, friends, even my friends, asking for her advice and help.     
And she always gives it to them.  And to me.  She has helped me out in so many ways that it would be a little ridiculous (and really, really long) to list it all here.  Suffice it to say, I am so lucky to have someone who has, my whole life, put her children and her family ahead of herself every single day.  She has always worked to make sure that my siblings and I had everything we needed, and everything we thought we needed too.
And she still puts all of us first.   


I love this picture.  I think she was on vacation with
her girlfriends here.  Look at that smile!


My Mom with me and my little brother.

My Mom was PTF President of my school the whole time my
brother, sister, and I were there. She was also always the room Mom.
 And she did this on top of working crazy shifts at the hospital.


I love you, Mom; thank you for all you do for Alli and me. We appreciate it!

~Lori


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lo!! You made me cry!! (Especially after looking at the pictue of all of us behind the car!) Such a beautiful tribute to a Mom; I love you guys....more than you will ever know. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...