DGV Nav

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Treasure Hunting

image via
At the beginning of the month, we went to L.A. to celebrate Alli's great grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary.  Afterwards, we stayed the night in Venice and then went shopping in Santa Monica.  The Cat wanted to go to Zara, and I wanted to go to J. Crew.  Before heading to 3rd Street, we stopped and had breakfast.  Lucky for me, it was right next to the Wertz Brothers Antique Mart.  I love antique marts because you get such a range of merchandise from the many different vendors.
I stepped inside the building, and quietly squealed (you can squeal quietly, trust me) in delight.  The place is huge, and the first display right up front was gorgeous.  The kind of display where your eye doesn't know quite where to land first because there is so much to look at.  I was in Heaven walking around this store.  Unfortunately, we were crunched for time; this is the kind of place where you can literally spend all day perusing and finding treasure after treasure.  Being in Santa Monica, some of the vendors do have higher price points, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some deals to be found.  The curation and display of items was really gorgeously done and definitely worth the trip if you are ever in the area.

There are 190 dealers in the 20,000 square foot (!) showroom.  
What you see when you first walk in ( of course, in order to see
it like this, I guess you'd have to be either flying or super tall).
image via Wertz Brothers Antique Mart




I love that gold clock.

Vintage trophies.  Swoon.

I'm a sucker for vintage suitcases.

Beautiful collection of silver trays.

I squealed again when I came upon this booth.

Gorgeous.

Love.
From their website:
1607 Lincoln Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA
(310) 452-1800
Mon - Sat: 10 to 6 • Sun: 12 - 6

All major credit cards accepted
Complimentary Valet Parking
Like I said, if you are ever in the Santa Monica area and have a couple of hours (at least!) to kill, you should definitely check out the Wertz Brothers Antique Mart.  They also have an antique furniture store that I would love to check out some day.  Good thing West Los Angeles isn't too far away!
~Lori

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...