DGV Nav

Monday, August 6, 2012

Jeanne's Cottage

When I was in Montana, my Mother-in-law wanted to repaint her kitchen and living room.  She had paint samples on the walls and wasn't sure exactly what she wanted.  Rewind 6 years when she bought the house:  I helped choose a very dark Ralph Lauren color that was a mix of grey, brown, plum.  It was gorgeous with the white trim and newly remodeled black and white kitchen.  Problem was, later when she chose to do a white tin ceiling (which is beautiful) and maroon leather furniture, the space felt a bit dark and the ceiling seemed low.  Solution?  White on white with accents of strong color in the artwork.  It is a small space, so simplicity is key.  I think it turned out nicely.

I love the bead board cabinets, checkerboard floor, soap stone counters, farmhouse sink and tin ceiling.  It is a perfect cottage kitchen. I think  all that's needed now is a great island on wheels. 
The paint color I chose is "meeting house" by ICI paints (glidden).  In fact I love it so much I am painting my kitchen and living room this perfect cream now!
The finishing touch will be the curtains.
I think we should re-upholster the seat cushions in a fun accent fabric next.

She has such great pieces.  It was just a matter of grouping them together in a pleasing way and editing.
The best accent?  Jeanne's beautiful collie, Simba.

Check out this great antique trunk Jeanne got at auction.
All the artwork needs to be framed.  I left a diagram for a gallery wall so she won't have any trouble placing it when it is ready.
Thank you for letting me have free reign, Jeanne!  It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...