DGV Nav

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Shopping in Kalispell Montana

Like it on Facebook 
Anyone who has been to Kalispell can tell you that it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. They can also tell you that it is a bit sparse when it comes to shopping.  I am so pleased that a few new shops have opened!  One is this darling little children's boutique called "Freckles and Fairytales" located in a charming brick building.  Owner Raime Moore has collected locally made and on-trend baby items that caught my eye.  The upstairs portion of the store contains gently used kids clothes.  I think that it is really smart to incorporate both the boutique quality along with second hand finds.  She was so sweet to talk with and I found that our philosophies about beautiful kid's clothing was totally compatible:  she said that her kids are dressed in cute clothes even when they are outside playing.  She is totally my kind of mom!


I like that Raime uses antiques to display all of the over-the-top adorable things in her store.


I am loving these knot dresses for summer.
These perfectly wonderful original art pieces were created by a local12 year old.  The glitter picture frames were created by layers and layers of nail polish!  Love.
These mad-hatter clips would have been perfect for Gwenna's Alice in Wonderland party.

I grabbed a pair of these great ruffled leg warmers for Gwenna.  They will be perfect peeking up at the top of her boots this fall.

It was great meeting you, Raime!  Love your store.




Another wonderful stop is R&R Home

My friend Trisha promised to take me to her sister in law's (Christy Eisinger) new store this summer.  She not only delivered on this, she also took me and Gwenna out for iced coffees (hot chocolate for the little ones) and pastries.  I had a great time browsing this fun store with her and her sweet little girl.



Like them on facebook here


I loved this red table and bench set.  Can't you just see the little ones in their swimsuits eating hot dogs here?
How about these fishing tackle dishes?  Aww, summer at the lake.
I think my favorite things in the store were these pillows.  They are the perfect, playful, summer accents.

So pretty.  I love these because you can change what's inside seasonally.
Please, just agree with me now that this is the most fabulous wingback!  The drum table is pretty great too.
Classic decor with a homey, casual feel.
These candles are supposed to be amazing!  I am sorry I didn't buy one (kicking myself).  They have the most beautiful jars that can be used as vases later.  They also burn for around 100 hours.  Can't beat that.
This great side-table looks as though it was woven from a few twigs.  It puts me in the mood for a cottage by the lake.  Perfect in Montana or any other home where you want a relaxed, vacation vibe.

I did pick up one of these new candles.  I burned it last night and I love the scent and the pretty packaging.

Thanks Trisha, love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...