DGV Nav

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Backyard Boutique 2

You may remember the first ever Backyard Boutique I posted at the beginning of the summer (see post) organized and hosted by my friends Kaley and Elizabeth.  I am so pleased that they gave us a second opportunity to take advantage of their amazing deals on items from garage sales and thrifts stores.  Not only are these prices unbelievably low but the items are often name brands and mixed in are authentic vintage pieces.  Lori and I scooped up some wonderful treasures at bargain basement prices.  Take a look!



Kaley explains the rules before the live auction.  I wish I had taken more pictures because you can't see all the items to the right.  There were tons of things.  All from the efforts of two woman (who have 6 boys between them, yes that's right).  Guess what else?  They home school too.  Their energy and ingenuity is inspiring.

Lori is ready to bid...

Here are just a few of the treasures I got:

Kaley knew that I like these federal style mirrors so she grabbed this one.  I was happy to take it off her hands.
 My equestrian style gallery wall in our office is coming along nicely now.

Speaking of equestrian, check out these perfect black leather boots!  They fit perfectly ( and I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to find knee boots that fit properly).
 I have to say, this is my favorite purchase of the event.  Vintage, ankle- wrap, sandals in perfect vintage condition.  They are made entirely of leather, even the soles.  I have worn them a dozen times already.  Check out the color combination.

 How adorable is this little floral purse.  It is the perfect transitional summer to fall item.
 How about this olive green lady bag?  I love it so much.
These didn't quite fit Lori so I lucked out and get to keep them.  

I feel so special that Kaley let me look at her goodie bag of vintage pieces that she wasn't selling at the boutique.  I really liked one and she told me to 'make her an offer' so I got to take this little beauty home with me in order to create a few new looks...



What I like so much about this dress, beside the fact that it is pure elegance, is that it can be styled in numerous ways.  Here I just paired it with a casual belt and leather peep toe wedges and a double strand necklace.  It reads casual but still work appropriate.  I think it has that right summer to fall feel about it, too.
I got this grey wool jacket at the boutique as well.  Throw it over the dress and add a scarf and brown oxford inspired heels and I will be ready for the cooler days ahead.

Thanks again Kaley and Elizabeth!  We love our new pieces.  You really are fantastic bargain shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...