DGV Nav

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Favorite Things: Sabrina

I stumbled across this movie poster for Audrey Hepburn's 1954 film Sabrina, and I instantly fell in love with it.  I had never seen this poster before.
image via Hemingway & Hepburn

I searched around a little more, and found more movie posters for the film, all of which prominently featured Audrey Hepburn.
image via
Of course, Hepburn wasn't the only star in the film; just look at who received top billing on all three posters I've included.

image via Bombshell Photography

I love this film.  I love this picture of the three main characters; it represents the story rather nicely, don't you think?  
Rebecca and I had a small discussion one time, about Sabrina, and I remember her mentioning that it wasn't her favorite Hepburn film; Bogart's character, Linus, just seemed too old for Sabrina.  Rebecca mentioned that she liked the 1995 version, starring Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond, better.

image via Natalie Stendall


I like them both.  I really do love the original, but I also really do love the Harrison Ford version (namely because of Harrison Ford!!).  I like Bogart as Linus, but I love Indiana Jones' take on the character too.

image via


image via
Rebecca thought Greg Kinnear was a little too goofy as David Larrabee, but I liked him in the role.

Both are great movies, and although I don't think I favor one over the other, I definitely wouldn't mind curling up on the couch right now and watching Han Solo quietly woo his brother's girl.


Day 29~  I am thankful that I have the ability to keep growing, changing, and learning new things, and I am really, really thankful for my smart, kind, funny, beautiful little girl who helps me grow, change, and learn each day.

~Lori

5 comments:

  1. Don't you all think that Bogart was born looking around 60? That doesn't bother me so much because I think I would have liked him in Sabrina if the writer(s) had spent more time developing a deeper connection that lead to their romance, better. I think this was done more successfully in the 1995 version. I do like it still. But like Lori said, it's not my favorite Hepburn film.
    Just had to add that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. led to their romance not "lead" to their romance. That's actually kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Roman Holiday" is another favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love Roman Holiday too, Lizzie.
    And Rebecca, you crack me up. Now I am imagining a little baby with Bogart's head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love Audrey! Just got the cutest little Audrey coffee table book with photos and quotes, "59 Ways to Put a Little Hepburn in Your Step."

    Thank you for reminding me that I must watch some more of her movies over Christmas break!

    Nora

    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...