DGV Nav

Friday, November 2, 2012

Freaky Find Friday: Feline Faux Paux


My friend Alison moved away (blast the US Air Force!) but she sent me this little beauty as a gift--the picture, not the actual 'thing'--
She said that she was out antiquing and turned a corner only to be greeted by... this!  I know I have featured a lot of taxidermy on these Friday posts, but can you not see why?  Just look at this poor thing!  Its eyes are crossed and its right arm and paw are swiping in the wrong direction.  I don't think I have ever seen a mouth expression like this on anything since I watched the rats in The Secret of Nimh as a kid.  Who gnawed on the poor things ears?  Truly.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  All I can say is that, for $30, the piece of wood it is mounted on had better be exotic.  Can you guess where my friend now lives?  Miss you Ali!

Anyway,  hope you have a happy Friday despite this very pathetic freaky find.

And as Lori says, you're welcome!



2 comments:

  1. I was antiquing with a friend and saw a poor stuffed duckling under glass! I still shudder at the thought. Let the poor things rest in peace! They shouldn't have to give their lives for "art"'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor little ducky. All I can say is that I hope it is really old...maybe from the 17th century when the study of natural science was breaking ground. One can hope. This unfortunate kitty, however, is definitely not old, and surely not art (as you say).
    Thanks Lizzie!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...