DGV Nav

Monday, November 5, 2012

New in at Anthro and 30 Days of Thankful

This past week I received the new Anthropologie catalog in the mail (ahhh, the benefits of getting the mail in a timely manner and not letting it pile up for weeks).  Have you seen it?  It is pretty gorgeous, full of beautiful golds and sparkles and gorgeous textures for the winter season.  (Some of the looks would be gorgeous at, say, a White Winter party?!)

First, I adore the cute little fox running behind the chair in the first picture.  Second, I love how a simple belt can transform an entire look.  I think the best word to describe this whole catalog is ethereal.
Antlers are still going strong in the decorating world, but now we are seeing actual antlers all over the place.
The key to these kinds of things being okay to sell (and therefore okay to buy) is that they must have been naturally shed antlers.  No killing/hunting/maiming involved.  I like the look of these dip-dyed antlers; so much so that if I had a pair of naturally shed antlers lying around, I would be all over this as a DIY.  Mine would include some of the new gold paint I just picked up though.

So, those are two of my favorite pages from the catalog... but there is a ton of stuff that is gorgeous that I would pick up in a heartbeat if I didn't have to worry about this little thing called money.

Next order of business...  (Completely switching gears here.)
Even though I am a little late in starting, I thought I would start posting my 30 days of thankful.  A lot of my facebook friends are doing it over on facebook; I thought it would be fun to do that here.



I will post my thankful thoughts on the days that it is my turn to blog (and Rebecca has agreed to play along!).  
(First I will play a little game of catch up.)
Day 1- I am thankful for my little Cat, who means the world to me and gave me the drive and determination to put myself through school and become a teacher.  She makes my life better every. single. day. and I love her beyond all reasonableness.  
Day 2-  I am thankful for my parents, who have always, always, always been there for me and the Cat.
Day 3-  I am thankful for my siblings for making my childhood fun and challenging (and interesting).
Day 4-  I am thankful for all of my wonderful friends, past and present, new and old, who make my life so much richer.

Day 5~
I am thankful to be working on this blog with Rebecca; I could not ask for a better partner in crime!

So how about you?  What are you thankful for?

~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...