DGV Nav

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday, Monday...

It's Monday.  Boo.

But not really, because the weekend was pretty good, and there are these exciting changes happening to the blog (thanks to Gloria of Little White Whale Design Studio).

image via
Here's a random recap of our weekend:

I scored a pretty fantastic Banana Republic dress for $4 (which will be perfect once spring and summer roll around).


And I finally found a fisherman sweater (at Marshall's).

available here
And I got a book called Christopher Isherwood: Lost Years- A Memoir, 1945-1951.
BN
I am excited to read this one, as it promises to be full of lots of juicy gossip about well known writers, artists, and actors.  Yes, gossip, I know... so debasing, but it is what it is!  I don't really care about celebrity gossip nowadays, but I'm eager to eat up info about the past.  Maybe because even though these past figures were sometimes leading scandalous lives, they were often portrayed as darlings to the public?  Now with twitter and facebook and internet and reality tv, everyone's dirty laundry is aired as soon as it becomes dirty, but back then, there was such a thing as keeping up an image.

Oh, and I was told I had legs as long as January.  (Neither here nor there, but nice to hear!)

Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic week; I will leave you with a bit of advice:
image via Sparkles and Pretending

And a pretty close up detail of Oscar de la Renta, spring/summer 2013, just because it is pretty:
image via Sparkles and Pretending







5 comments:

  1. Lovely images....have a great week ahead Lori!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. $4 dress... amazing! And love this last inspiration! Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect fishermen sweater. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is so cute!!! And you are lucky to find such a cheap dress!

    Kisses, Lucy :)
    stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...