DGV Nav

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to the New Year!

Happy New Year!
image via


I am not usually one for New Year's Resolutions; I see little point in making promises I know I will not stick to (I guess that sounds awfully pessimistic, doesn't it?), but this year I think I will give it a go.  I have been fortunate enough to be able to accomplish the goals that I had set for myself, and now I sometimes feel like I am floundering a bit, wondering what comes next.  I am in need of new goals, and those are very much like resolutions, no?  And since I am setting my goals at the beginning of the year, I guess that makes them New Year's Resolution-Goals.  So catchy.
So, here we go.  The first one is probably going to be easier said than done, given my penchant for sarcasm and sticking my foot in my mouth.
buy here: Emily Ley
 I love the idea of this; I know that I am not perfect, that I will never be perfect, but I do want to strive to be more graceful in what I say and do, in how I handle situations, in how I live.  And I want the Cat to learn this lesson too. 
So, I think that is a pretty good goal.  And a challenging one, since it is ongoing.
Okay, so on to goal number two:
via
I want to learn another language.  For the longest time, I wanted to learn to speak Italian, and I finally bought a language program so that I can do this.  Of course, now I want to learn French instead, but I've already invested the money in the Italian language program, so that will be first.  I want to go to Italy, anyway, and I want to be able to communicate while I'm there.

3rd goal:  Okay, so I should definitely have a third goal, right?  I want to work with Rebecca to reformat this little blog of ours and make it more us.  That is a goal that I can definitely get behind, because that is one that I think, with Rebecca's help, is totally attainable.

I will be setting more goals as the year goes on; those are just my top three of-the-moment goals.
In the meantime, I wish you all a happy, healthy new year!
~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...