DGV Nav

Monday, March 25, 2013

Minor Obsession: Ampersands

This week, I thought I would link up with Jenn and Jessica for 5 for Five (see link below to check out others who are linking up).  Basically, you set 5 goals for yourself for the work week and then give yourself 5 days to complete said goals, and share next week whether you were successful or not.
Considering I can be quite the procrastinator, this could be just the motivation I need to get stuff done!
So here goes...
1.  Clean/organize my closet.
2.  Drop off donations to the Salvation Army.
3.  Call the trash company to get the broken dishwasher picked up and out of my garage.
4.  Mail my sister-in-law's (very) late birthday present.
5.  Establish a schedule for learning Italian.

Whew!  I could go on and on, but that first goal could literally take me all week.  Not kidding.  You should see my closet.  

FantasticallyAverage 

So, wish me luck.  And now I'd like to bring you something that I am a little obsessed with: ampersands.  Ah, the ampersand.  I even love the word itself.  But seriously, how aesthetically pleasing is this little symbol?!  Am I the only one who just thinks it is so pretty?  Especially when it is portrayed as a wave with a ship resting on it.
Ampersand Boat by Francisco Martins

I am loving this print by artist Francisco Martins.  Good Lord.  I love it.  Those colors are fantastic.  
Ampersand Cork board at Kohl's
How cool is this cork board?!  (And it's on sale!)  I think this would be so fun in an office.  In my office.  



Watercolors are so pretty, aren't they?!
Fred Flare
This one is a bottle opener, so you can have another & another.

With that, I will wish you a happy Monday!


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty wave, and I love the idea of setting a new list of goals each week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the short list of goals too- makes them so much more attainable!
      ~Lori

      Delete
  2. I love the first ampersand, such a work of art!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Yi-chia; I think it is so pretty!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ocean boat one is the coolest!! I love it:) and I think I need to start with that goal thing too, I'm really bad at forgetting and putting stuff off

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ampersands are great - especially that first one. and good luck sticking to your list. i'm working on cleaning out my closet too!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are sooo pretty! I love them all.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...