DGV Nav

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday Pinsday


I don't know what I did before pinterest when I was planning a party!  I get so many great ideas and they are all where I can find them and refer back.  I almost always adapt these ideas to make them more my own but that is the beauty of creativity!  Take a look at what I am planning for my daughter's 5th birthday party this June:  I decided on a pony theme because, just like her mom, she is horse crazy. 
Color Inspiration: Pony party colors?
Pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
I love this color palette but I am adding yellow and jadeite green for my own country fresh take.
The most gorgeous cookies ever - Mason Jar Cookies
pinterest via Kara's Party Ideas
These cookies are darling and I will be using lots of mason jars for this party.
Juice in mason jars with horses
pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
I'm definitely going to make these awesome horse mason jar juice cups!  Brilliant.
In lavender, blue and pinks
pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
Lavender, green and yellow horse shoes are a must to play...well...horseshoes! 
Yellow/green pastel cake, pastel yellow, pastel green, rosettes in frosting, Kara's Party Ideas--add lavender and it will be perfect!
My mom has agreed to make this cake for the party (with the addition of lavender).  It will be carrot cake--at Gwenna's request!  On top there will be five ponies with five candles:)
sweet
pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
Making this right now!
pony party
pinterest Via Rebecca Iverson
The perfect food table presentation.
cute Mustache Handkerchiefs.
pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
Gotta have these for the boys!
pony party on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
pinterest via DGV
pony party on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.
pinterest via DGV
I love this together for the party, but the dress will be lavenders, blues and pinks.
pinterest via Rebecca Iverson
I can't wait because my mom made Gwenna the perfect dress and my Mother-In-Law is sending her cowgirl boots for the occasion (strait from Montana, no less).  I love the look of the little girl above and want a similar look for Gwenna.
burlap number banner  {Lulu & Co.}
pinterest via Jessica/Little Pumpkin Grace
I have already started a banner based on this wonderful design.  It is just perfect.
Adorable DIY stick horses- for Gwenna's party
My mom is making each child their own stick horse as a favor!  Also, we will have a race/obstacle course as a game.
Embroidery hoop numbers
pinterest via The Perfect Palette
Sometimes pinterest is funny:  I thought of doing this long before I saw it on pinterest!  Oh, well.  Great minds and all...You will have to see what I do with them though:)
Thank you Michelle over at The Vintage Apple for hosting!  It is such a great idea to share great ideas.  Happy Wednesday everyone!

10 comments:

  1. That cake! And the horse sticks are SO cute.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most excited about the cake and the stick horses! Wait 'till you see those stick horses my mom is making! They are darling.

      Thank you,
      Rebecca

      Delete
  2. This is a perfect birthday theme! Your daughter is so lucky to have a family that will put so much time into her parties!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and I LOVE anything party related. My kids enjoy it so much and know that the priority is always "them." It is also the best time to capture memories that we will have forever.

      Thank you!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  3. These are all so adorable! I love the theme and I agree, that little girl is too cute for words--your daughter is going to be so cute in those boots!! Hope she likes them!!

    That cake is amazing. I really need to remember to use Pinterest more often for cute food and decorating ideas when I have company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes everything too; especially the boots;)

      Pinterest is such a great way to organize food and decorating ideas. Those who love to entertain (like me; and it sounds like you too) it is invaluable!

      Thank you!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  4. That little girl in her dress and boots is absolutely precious!!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great theme! Love the horse shoes, horse biscuits and stick horses in particular. I too wonder what I ever did before Pinterest! You have a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...