DGV Nav

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Everybody Loves a Bargain

On Monday, I stayed home for a good part of the day, just poking around the internet and catching up on some blogs.  Actually, I spent a good portion of the day looking at the Rugs USA website because they were having a huge sale and I need new rugs.  So anyway, I was looking for inspiration and wound up re-checking out the living room on the Life in Grace blog, which I talked about here.

Source: horchow.com via Lori on Pinterest
buy them here
These gorgeous little footstools from Horchow are featured in the living room, and I love them.  I love the color of the ikat, and that they are fun but practical.  What I don't love is the $449.00 price tag.  That's right, people.  Oh, wait, I'm sorry.  They are on sale for $359.00.  Each.  Horchow is practically giving them away at that price, right?!
Anyway, even though they are now such a steal, I'm afraid my poor little teacher budget doesn't have room to spend $800 bucks on those two little darlings.
What's a girl to do?  Snatch up similar styles ON CLEARANCE at Target, of course.  Duh.


Source: target.com via Lori on Pinterest
buy this one here

First, let me tell you that the coloring in this picture is pretty horrible. In real life, the colors are richer- the grey is a nice, deep grey and the legs don't look like that kind of icky shade of brown. And they are tufted, even though you can barely tell in the picture.  Plus, Target has a lot of different patterns and wood colors you can choose.
Now, granted, the dimensions of the ottomans are a little different than those from Horchow; the Target Threshold are 18.0 " H x 16.0 " W x 18.3 " D and the Horchow version's dimensions are 26.5"W x 21.5"D x 16"T.  So there is some difference, but not enough for me to pay $308 more per piece!  I figure if the fabric doesn't work with the new couch that will be on its way soon, then I can always recover them with something else.
I'm pretty happy with my little bargains, but I am prepared to take them back to Target if they don't fit in with the new look of the family room.  That is up to Rebecca!
Hope you are having a great day!
 
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. those target stools are so cute - hope they work out in your space! and i love horchow, but just makes me sad with the prices haha.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...