DGV Nav

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Building Project: Pretty Little Garden Shed

While most people I know have been off having relaxing vacations we decided that we would rather spend our days building a shed.  That's right, a shed.  But not just any old storage shed, a pretty and functional little outbuilding.  My dad was sweet enough to want to do this with us and I am so excited.  This little projects means a far more organized home for us.  We will use it to store all the gardening implements, riding lawnmower and even Christmas decorations can be stored in the rafters.  Our garage can be de-cluttered and perhaps we can fit 2 cars in the 2 car garage now!  I know, I know, it doesn't seem like all that much to be excited about but hey, when vacation comes close to an end we will have one big project completed...and then we will be off to the beach for 5 days to celebrate.  Not a bad deal.
 You can see where the barn door will go (blue of course) and spots for two windows.  We obviously have a lot still to do but you can imagine it with all the trim and furring strips in place, painted white with a red roof (to match our house).
 I have plans for landscape around our little shed at some point.
 I bought these two salvaged windows for the shed before we started to build.  They are the perfect way to add charm and character to a project like this and they saved us money.
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week and getting loads done or that you are on vacation resting up.  What else is there?!

4 comments:

  1. Love those salvaged windows–what a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how amazing, I'm sure it's going to turn out great!!

    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! It's getting close to completion and I'll post when it's done.
      You have a great weekend too!

      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...