DGV Nav

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer and Sunflower Season

Sunflowers are the quintessential end-of-summer accent.  The warmth and casual elegance of these blooms bring to mind Vincent Van Gogh and the hot, carefree days of childhood.  They grow wild along the roadside here in the desert but they are inexpensive, so I buy in bulk at the local farmer's market or grocery store.  I promise they will bring a smile to your face.

I love the color palette of a sunflower. gorgeous picture.
Gal Meets Glam- Joie Short Suit
Sunflowers, solidago, millet, fennel, rudabeckia triloba and 'chim chimnee'
bloglovin.com
My entryway table decor. 
Yellow Topiary Arrangement  three cones of floral foam with sunflowers and button chrysanthemums above "cuffs" of fuzzy kangaroo paws (Anigozanthos). Their harvest golds will glow like lanterns above the black urns.
striped maxi dress and sunflowers-9.jpg
Today my kids start back to school!  They are in the 4th and 1st grades.  I think I will buy more sunflowers to console myself ...and celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Hope you had a great day:)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been loving sunflowers lately. I noticed some blooming in the yard of a house I pass on the way to work a couple days ago and they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...