DGV Nav

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Patio Reveal

For the last few months we have been working on our back patio.  At the beginning of summer we didn't have any outdoor furniture.  For years I have been trying to find pieces that I like for a reasonable price but until recently I just hadn't been able to.  First I found the table at Target on clearance.  I also got the woven chairs at Target.  I didn't want a matched set.  Then, luck would have it, my brother wanted to get rid of the metal lounge furniture so he gave them to me.  Lucky me!  My parents bought me the cushion sets from homedepot.com (they are even cheaper right now). We extended the concrete patio to wrap around the back of the house all the way to the side where I have a door to the laundry room and powder room.  We then stained the old and new concrete so they would look more cohesive.  Phew!  I'm tired just writing about it!










There are a few things we still have planned:  We want to build a bench for seating to the right side of the table that can also provide storage.  I am thinking that the brick of the fireplace should be stained and I would like to find a few interesting pieces to bolt into the brick...ceramic animal heads or vintage platters.  I'm also thinking of adding a wall mounted fountain over the buffet/ serving table (which you can see to the left of the sliding glass doors).  The bigger project with be a structure over the patio.  I know what I want and am willing to wait for it.
At any rate, I am thrilled with the results and am enjoying mornings and evenings out here.  A big thank you to my family for their help and my husband for his hard work.

6 comments:

  1. it looks amazing rebecca!
    what a great space to curl up in the evenings and watch the sun go down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks awesome! i love that sweet little elephant table - so pretty and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elephant table is my favorite too:)
      Thank you,
      Rebecca

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...